“I loved my time at Hertfordshire, I honestly don’t think I’d be playing professional Netball now if it wasn’t for the support I received whilst being involved in the University of Hertfordshire’s scholarship programme. It not only allowed me to pursue my academic career, but it also pushed me in my sports one too and captaining the team to become the first University of Hertfordshire performance team to win back-to-back national titles whilst there wasn’t too bad either!”
Professional Netballer - Strathclyde Sirens.
The University of Hertfordshire has an excellent Sport Scholarship Scheme created to provide support for talented athletes studying at the University. Each application is considered individually, and awards will vary between athletes with priority being given to BUCS sports.
Awards can include a range of support services and benefits for student-athletes:
- gym membership at The Sport Village and The Oval campus gyms
- strength and conditioning from industry leading coaches at Performance Herts
- athlete education workshops covering topics such as nutrition, sport psychology, anti-doping, etc
- BUCS competition expenses
- University of Hertfordshire branded teamwear
- academic flexibility for dual-career athletes (around national training camps and competition)
- lifestyle support from a TALS qualified practitioner to help with an athlete’s development and ability to balance sport alongside degree studies
- financial Sport Scholarship Award (these payments contribute towards training, competition and living costs).
Awarded to: athletes representing at national age group level and above (or equivilent where pathways differ).
To apply contact Michael Darlow, Performance Sport and Scholarships Manager.